Looking for an easy winter recipe to throw into the slow cooker and walk away while you trim the tree, wrap presents, or clean up the guest rooms? Then we’ve got the solution here for you!
Cooking with CBD Tip:
Generally, when working with a recipe (not a drink) it is best to add CBD to the vegetables as a drizzle or marinade, allowing the vegetables to soak in the CBD. As we’ve talked about above, this will insulate the CBD from the high temperatures associated with cooking.
• 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
• 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups water
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
• 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
• Dosage of CBD for each person eating the soup
1. Chop up your 1 medium onion and marinate it with your dose of CBD.
2. Place all ingredients into your slow cooker.
3. Cover and cook on the low setting for 6 to 8 hours, or if using the high setting, 3 to 4 hours.
4. Serve! Garnish with avocado slices, cheese, sour cream, or tortilla strips if you’re feeling extra-fancy.